From Academic Kids
National symbols are symbols of states, nations and countries in the world. National symbols are created to unite people by creating visual, verbal, or iconic representations of a nation's people, values, goals, or history.
These symbols are often rallied around as part of celebrations of patriotism and are designed to be inclusive and representative of all the peoples of the state, nation or country.
Examples of common national symbols
- The flag of a nation-state
- National anthems, royal and imperial hymns
- The coat of arms of the land or ruling dynasty
- The office of the Head of State
- The Father of the Nation and other founding fathers
- National myths about the country's history
- The national colours
- National dishes
- Various other national emblems, including special plants, animals, and objects associated with the nationde:Nationale Symbole