From Academic Kids
- Land is sometimes used synonymously with country.
- Land can also be for "a land of a people", particularly in the absence of a state or government, which is rather implicated by the near-synonym country.
- Land is the part of the Earth that is not covered by oceans or other bodies of water. See landform.
- In economics, land is a factor of production. It consists of naturally occurring goods, such as soil and minerals, real estates, that are used in the production of other goods.
- The terms motherland, fatherland, and homeland refer to someone's country of affiliation, birth or ancestral origin.
- Bundesland (plural: Bundesl�nder) is the name for the states of Germany and the states of Austria.
- Land is a place in Norway.
- Historically the parts of the Scandinavian kingdoms were called lands of the respective peoples, as in for instance Jutland (the land of the Jutes), Gotland (the land of the Goths), or the historical lands of Sweden and lands of Denmark.
- To land, i.e. the landing, is the final part of a flight or ocean voyage.