From Academic Kids
Bell has a range of meanings:
- A bell is a simple sound-making device, including Tubular bells and cowbells.
- On a wind instrument the bell is the round, flared opening at the opposite end from the mouthpiece, where the sound exits and is amplified.
- Ship's bells mark the time on a ship.
- bell character produces audible signal when sent to a terminal
- The Bel (one 'L') is a logarithmic unit used in the measurment of sound levels (volume).
- A diving bell is a hollow, usually inverted vessel, such as one used for diving deep below the surface of a body of water.
- In botany, the bell is the corolla of a flower: “In a cowslip's bell I lie” (Shakespeare).
- Bell is also a slang term for a fish.
- Bell Curve, a method of grading an examination.
- Bell, California
- Bell, Florida
- Bell is the name of some places
- Bell, New South Wales
- Bell railway station, Melbourne
- Bell Canada
- Bell Aircraft Corporation. Later becomes Bell Helicopter Textron
- Bell Helmets (http://www.bellsports.com)
- Bell Telephone Laboratories and hence
- Bell Gothic & Bell Centennial typefaces
See also: Other people named Bellde:Glocke (Begriffsklärung)