From Academic Kids
- 2570 BC -- Great pyramid of Giza completed; another major project. Some records remain of how the work was managed: e.g. there were managers of each of the four faces of the pyramid, responsible for their completion (subproject managers).
- 1969 PMI (Project Management Institute) launched to promote project management profession
- 1975 PROMPTII methodology created by Simpact Systems Ltd (source: PRINCE2 manual)
- 1989 PRINCE method derived from PROMPTII is published by the UK Government agency CCTA and becomes the UK standard for all government information projects
- 1996 PRINCE2 published by CCTA (now OGC) as a generic product management methodology for all UK government projects.
- 2001 AgileAlliance formed to promote "lightweight" software development projects