From Academic Kids
September is the ninth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of four Gregorian months with the length of 30 days.
September begins (astrologically) with the sun in the sign of Virgo and ends in the sign of Libra. Astronomically speaking, the sun begins in the constellation of Leo and ends in the constellation of Virgo.
The name comes from the Latin septem, for "seven" - September was the seventh month of the Roman calendar until 153 BCE.
- In Greek civilization, September was called Boedromion.
- In the Irish Calendar the month is called MeᮠFir (literally "Middle of Autumn") and is the middle month of the Autumn season.
- In old Japanese calendar, the month is called Nagatsuki (長月).
- In Finnish, the month is called syyskuu, meaning "month of autumn".
Events in September
- September begins on the same day of the week as December every year.