From Academic Kids
The word sai has several meanings:
- Sai (peoples) - the Chinese name for Saka tribes or eastern Scythians.
- Sai - is the designation the Li people of China have for themselves.
- Sai is a village in Aomori, Japan;
- Sai is a commune of the département of Orne, in France;
- A sai is an Okinawan weapon;
- Sai is an alternate transliteration of the name of Shai, a god of fate, in Egyptian mythology
- Sai is a variant of the game Mancala.
- Social Accountability International, Social Accountability International is a U.S.-based, nonprofit organization dedicated to the development, implementation, and oversight of voluntary verifiable social accountability standards. Their site is SAI (http://www.sa-intl.org/).
There are also:
- Shirdi Sai Baba, a Hindu holy man of the 19th century;
- Sathya Sai Baba, a Hindu religious leader of Puttaparthi, India;
- Fujiwara no Sai, a fictional character from Hikaru no Go.