From Academic Kids
A ring is usually anything resembling a circle, or a noise that cycles rapidly. See:
Different types of rings
- bathtub ring - soap scum buildup
- boxing ring
- from a bell or telephone, see ring (telephone)
- canal ring - a circular canal route
- circus ring - akin to a stage
- crime ring, also called a crime syndicate
- diacritic ring, as in Åmål
- the gymnastics rings used by artistic gymnastics
- an identification ring, for example used in ornithology and modern falconry.
- a jewelry ring (e.g. engagement ring, wedding band, promise ring, earring)
- Juggling rings are a type of prop used for toss juggling, in which they are thrown and caught repeatedly by the juggler.
- mathematics ring theory, see ring (mathematics)
- piston rings
- planetary rings
- processor rings: ring 0, where the kernel runs, and ring 3, where user-level applications and some drivers run. Rings 1 and 2 are often unused.
- ring circuit is a type of circuit used in the British Isles where there are two paths from each socket to the consumer unit
- ring road, a circular road around a city, also called beltway or orbital motorway
- web ring
- lots of rings from the Legend of Zelda series, see Rings (Legend of Zelda)
Things entitled ring