From Academic Kids
Pluto can refer to the following:
- Pluto is the Roman god of the Underworld,
- Pluto is the ninth planet from the Sun, named after the Roman god above.
- Plouto, a nymph in Greek mythology, was sometimes spelled "Pluto". She is not the same character as the Roman god mentioned above.
- Pluto is fictional Mickey Mouse's pet dog.
- Pluto is a fictional giant green-black horned robot that fought Astro Boy in order to become the world's mightiest robot.
- Project Pluto, an American nuclear powered cruise missile.
- Operation Pluto (Pipe-Lines Under The Oceans) was a major project undertaken during World War II by British scientists and armed forces to carry and deliver gasoline. After testing between Wales and Cornwall, it was operationally laid and used through the English Channel in July 1944 and in Pas-de-Calais later. It was the forefather of all flexible pipes used in the development of offshore oil fields.
- PLUTO, a nuclear reactor at the Atomic Energy Research Establishment at Harwell, Oxfordshire
- PLUTO is one of the largest and oldest Italian Linux User Groups.
- Pluto, in computer programming, is the second Italian metasyntactic variable commonly used.
- "Pluto" is the title of the movement added to Gustav Holst's The Planets suite, composed in 1996 by Brad Spitz for the award-winning CD "Nine Worlds"*, hosted by Patrick Stewart, and featured in the DVD "Patrick Stewart Narrates THE PLANETS epoch 2000".
- Pluto was a German car manufacturer between the world wars.
- "Pluto, the Renewer" is a movement composed by Colin Matthews to add to Gustav Holst's The Planets suite.
- Pluto Press is a British publishing house.
- "Pluto" is a song by nerdcore rap group 2 Skinnee J's from their 1998 album Super Mercado.
- Sailor Pluto is the codename of the character Setsuna Meioh in the Sailor Moon franchise.