From Academic Kids
- Pioneer settlers founded colonies in the New World, most notably in the American Old West. They are stock characters in Western movies, often depicted driving covered wagons in wagon trains on the Midwest's Great Plains.
- Pioneers were members of socialist youth movements.
- In the military, a pioneer is similar to a combat engineer.
- In Ireland, a Pioneer is a member of the Pioneer Total Abstinence Association.
- The Jehovah's Witnesses use the term Pioneer to describe someone who is in the full-time volunteer ministry work.
- The Pioneer program is a series of space probes from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Pioneer is the name of the first probe from this program.
- Pioneer is a Japanese company that produces consumer electronics, notably car stereos.
- Pioneer is a robot developed in China.
- The Biluim was a idealist pioneer movement for Jews to settle in Palestine.
- A Pioneer Plant is one adapted to the extreme environment of an otherwise barren location.