From Academic Kids
- Anticipatory democracy
- Consensus democracy
- Deliberative democracy
- Direct Access Democracy
- Direct democracy
- Non-partisan democracy
Representative democracy is not generally considered participatory. Bioregional democracy often is, but that is not necessary to its definition. Grassroots democracy is an alternative term that has actually been used to imply almost any combination of the above.
- Beyond Plutocracy: True Democracy for America (http://www.beyondplutocracy.com) — Free online book by Roger Rothenberger.
- Conference: Participatory democracy: current situation and opportunities provided by the European Constitution (http://www.esc.eu.int/pages/en/acs/events/08_03_04_democracy/home_en.htm)
- EESC conference on Participatory democracy (http://www.solidar.org/Document.asp?DocID=4821&tod=62618)
- Direct Access Democracy (http://www.etches.net) — the superimposition of direct democracy elements onto the representative system.
- Voting methods resource page (http://fc.antioch.edu/~james_green-armytage/voting.htm) Includes a proposal for participatory democracy by means of a delegable proxy system.