From Academic Kids
Norse is related to Scandinavia, and may mean:
- Ancient Norse mythology
- Medieval Norsemen, i.e., Scandinavians
- Norsecore, a subgenre of heavy metal music.
- The Nordic countries today
- The Norse languages are a group of dialects, which includes Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian.
- The Old Norse language
- Norwegian, Faroese, and Icelandic in opposition to Danish and Swedish.
- Scandinavian influence on language and culture; for example, Scots in Scotland and Ulster, and Norn in Shetland, Orkney, and Caithness.