From Academic Kids
Morphology is the following:
- In linguistics, morphology is the study of the structure of word forms.
- In folkloristics, morphology is used similarly, except it refers to the structure of narratives, such as folk tales.
- In biology, morphology is the study of the form or shape of an organism or part thereof. It can also be used to describe the form or shape of patterns formed in the course of a biological assay, as with bacterial colonies or ELISPOT assay spot formations.
- In astronomy, morphology is the shape of an astronomical object (typically nebulae, galaxies, or other extended objects.
- In digital image processing, morphology is a collection of techniques based on mathematical morphology, a theoretical model based on Lattice theory.
- Morphology occasionally means the technique of Morphological Analysis which is used to explore potential solutions to technical problems.