From Academic Kids
(Redirected from Labor)
Labour (or labor) can mean any one of the following things:
- Physical or mental work; exertion. Such work considered as supplying the needs of a community. A particular task, especially of a difficult nature. See: Labor (philosophy)
- In economics, one of the three main factors of production. The term labor refers to work done by human employees. It is distinct from labor-power or human capital, which represent an employee's ability to work. See: Labour (economics), Labour market.
- Manual work or the people who do manual work, see manual labour.
- Labour Party: see: British Labour Party, Australian Labor Party, Dutch Labour Party, Irish Labour Party, Israeli Labour Party, New Zealand Labour Party
- The process of childbirth, especially the period from the start of uterine contractions to delivery.