From Academic Kids
The word kite has a number of possible meanings:
- A kite is a man-made, heavier-than-air object, designed to fly by opposing the force of the wind with the tension of a line held by the operator. See: kite flying.
- A kite is a bird, a member of any of several genera in the family Accipitridae in the raptor order Accipitriformes, related to the hawks, eagles, buzzards and Old World vultures. The typical kites in the genus Milvus include Red Kite and Black Kite. See also Black-winged Kite in the genus Elanus.
- A kite is also a diamond shaped quadrilateral. See: geometric kite.
- William Kite was a Victorian showman made famous again in the song "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!" by the Beatles.
- Fred Kite was a character in I'm All Right Jack! played by Peter Sellers.
- Kite is the username of one of the heroes of Project .hack, a science fiction series which spans several media, including video games, anime and manga.
- A Kite is a controversial anime OAV, known as Kite in English or Domination NaKite in French.
- Kites is a Load Records noise musician.
- A kite is a slang term for correspondence received while incarcerated.