From Academic Kids
is a broad market where buyers and sellers exchange various types of financial securities or products that comprise financial securities. Financial Markets serve various purposes to a variety of individuals and corporations. Such markets facilitate [[Investment|[[Media:investments]] and [[purchase]] of [[Asset|assets]]. They also facilitate handling of various [[Risk|risks]]. The financial markets can be divided into different subtypes:
- Capital markets consists of:
- Money markets, which provides short term debt financing and investment.
- Derivatives markets, which provides instruments for handling of financial risks.
- Futures markets, which provide standardised contracts for trading assets at some forward date; see also forward market.
- Insurance markets, which facilitates handling of various risks.
- Foreign exchange markets
These markets can be either primary markets or aftermarkets. Newly formed (issued) securities are bought or sold in primary markets. Secondary markets allow owners of the security or the product of securities to buy or sell the same.
General areas of finance
|Financial markets | Fund management | Financial institutions | Personal finance | Public finance | Financial mathematics | Financial economics|
|Economics topics | Finance topics | Accounting topics | Management topics | Marketing topics | List of economists|