From Academic Kids
Design as a process can take many forms depending on the object being designed and the individual or individuals participating.
In the context of the applied arts, engineering, architecture and other such creative endeavours, design is both a noun and a verb. Design in its verb context is the process of originating and developing a plan for an aesthetic and functional object, which usually requires considerable research, thought, modelling, iterative adjustment and re-design. As a noun, design is used both for the final plan of action (a drawing, model or other description), or the result of following that plan of action (the object produced).
- Image - idea or ideal conception
- Function - the job must be done, also role of meaning, signing or purposness
- Morphology - constitution, structure in accordance with functionality.
- Automotive design
- Communication design
- Computer-aided design covers drafting and other forms of modelling.
- Design research seeks to understand design in all its many fields.
- Environmental design and Green design
- Error tolerant design
- Fault tolerant design
- Fashion design
- Graphic design
- Inclusive design
- Industrial design
- Information design
- Intelligent design is a Creationism theory.
- Interaction design examines the role of embedded behaviour in human environments.
- Interior design
- Landscape architecture
- New product development
- Packaging design
- Participatory design actively involves the users in the design process.
- Service design
- Software development
- Theatrical design
- Universal design
- Web design
- Wicked problems (includes economic, environmental, and political issues.
Some industrial designs are viewed as classic pieces that can be regarded as much as works of art as works of engineering. The "Design classic" article lists some of the designs that are regarded as having reached this classic status.
- Buckminster Fuller Institute (http://www.bfi.org) (anticipatory design}
- Design Council (http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/design/)bs:Dizajn