From Academic Kids
An oft-made assumption is that the metaphysical Chaos is Evil and that Law is Good, however it should be noted these are different concepts, and it is quite possible for Chaos to be Good and Law be Evil. One example of this would be the story of Robin Hood, or the real-life world examples of oppressive governments and dictatorships being thrown off by freedom fighters.
Possible meanings of chaos:
- Chaos theory, a branch of mathematics.
- In astronomy, Chaos is the name of trans-neptunian asteroid (19521) Chaos, which is of the cubewano type.
- In geology, a Chaos is an area of broken terrain.
- XaoS (home page (http://xaos.theory.org/index.html)), a GPL program for real-time zooming in on fractals.
- Chaos: Making A New Science, a nonfiction book by James Gleick.
- k-os, pronounced like 'chaos', a Canadian musician.
- Chaos, a character in some of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog video games.
- Chaos, an apocalyptic rider in the Discworld bookseries by Terry Pratchett
- In Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000, Chaos is an army representing evil.
- Chaos, a 1984 computer game for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Atari ST.
- Chaos the cat, a character from the Canadian children's television show Sesame Park.
- Chaos, an enemy in Final Fantasy I.
- In Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Chaos is the source of the confusion and evil power within Dracula's soul.
- chaos, a video game character in the game Xenosaga and Xenosaga II.
- Chaos, a major enemy in the Sailor Moon manga and the final enemy in the Sailor Moon anime
- Chaos , a villain in the LucasArts adventure game LOOM
Myth and religion
- Chaos (also 'Khaos'), the primordial substance from which the universe sprang in Greek mythology.
- Chaos, a Chinese god.
- Fifth horseman of the apocalypse in Thief of Time.