From Academic Kids
391 392 393 394 - 395 - 396 397 398 399
| Decades: |
360s 370s 380s - 390s - 400s 410s 420s
| Centuries: |
3rd century - 4th century - 5th century
- After the death of emperor Theodosius I, the Roman Empire is divided in an eastern and a western half. The eastern half is centered in Constantinople under Arcadius, son of Theodosius I, and the western half in Rome under Flavius Augustus Honorius his brother.
- Alaric the Visigoth, general of the foederati, renounces Roman fealty and is declared King, waging war against both parts of the Roman Empire. End of a 16 year period of peace between Romans and Visigoths.
- Possible date that Ambrosius Theodosius Macrobius published his Saturnalia
- January 17: Theodosius I, Roman Emperor
- Ausonius, poet and rhetorician
- Conan Meriadoc, duke of Brittanyaf:395
ast:395 bg:395 bs:395 ca:395 cs:395 da:395 de:395 el:395 es:395 eo:395 eu:395 fr:395 ko:395년 hr:395 io:395 it:395 he:395 lb:395 hu:395 nl:395 nds:395 nb:395 nn:395 pl:395 pt:395 ro:395 ru:395 sk:395 sl:395 sr:395 sv:395 tt:395 uk:395 zh:395年